- Helping others less fortunate or without a voice
- Making a positive difference to the lives of others
- Spending quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Enhancing a resume
- Improving employment prospects
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing personal development and building confidence
Become a Volunteer
In 2014 more than 5.8 million Australians volunteered, and here are some of the reasons why:
- Gaining valuable work experience and learning new skills
- Reconnecting with the community
- Feeling valued and being part of a team
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Enjoying new social and cultural experiences
- Staying active, being healthy and having fun!
Search for volunteering positions in your local area:
How it works
Use our search function to find volunteering positions in your local community, and then follow the prompts to express your interest in the roles that interest you.
Once we’ve received your expression of interest form, come into our office for an interview with one of our friendly Referral Officers to discuss your choice of volunteer roles.
After your interview, we will refer you to the organisations you’ve chosen to volunteer for. Once you’re accepted by an organisation you can start your volunteering journey.
Want to become an Event Volunteer?
We seek volunteers for a wide variety of events, including sporting events, festivals, weekend positions to child care, aged care and more! Event volunteering is a great way for you to get involved with the community, gain experience and meet new people.
To become an event volunteer, check out the latest events in our Events Calendar and follow the prompts to express your interest for any event that may interest you.
Alternatively, you can sign up to our event mailing list, where you will be sent the latest information about upcoming events straight to your inbox! Email us today if you would like to be added to our mailing list.
Need Event Volunteers?
If you have an event coming up and are looking for volunteers, we are happy to help you!
Contact our team at email@example.com to discuss your needs and eligibility. Once this is done, we will promote your event on all of our platforms, calling out to volunteers through our event email data base, website and social media channels.
All of our volunteers go through an interview process before getting referred to you, so we are confident that you will have the best volunteers to assist you for your event!