- Helping others less fortunate or without a voice
- Making a positive difference to the lives of others
- Spending quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- Enhancing a resume
- Improving employment prospects
- Developing existing skills and knowledge
- Enhancing personal development and building confidence
Become a Volunteer
In 2014 more than 5.8 million Australians volunteered, and here are some of the reasons why:
- Gaining valuable work experience and learning new skills
- Reconnecting with the community
- Feeling valued and being part of a team
- Meeting new people and making new friends
- Enjoying new social and cultural experiences
- Staying active, being healthy and having fun!
Search for volunteering positions in your local area:
How it works
Use our search function to find volunteering positions in your local community, and then follow the prompts to express your interest in the roles that interest you.
With more than 300 positions at any one time we are confident we’ll be able to find you something that suits your volunteering ambitions, so if nothing jumps out at you right away, complete our Volunteer Application Form, send it in and we’ll get in touch.
Once we receive your online enquiry or completed form, we will contact you to arrange a one-on-one information session with one of our friendly Information Officers to discuss your choice of volunteer roles.
Once you’ve been to our one-on-one information session we will put you in touch with your choice of volunteering organisations and you start your volunteering journey.
Did you know Australian volunteers contribute more than 700 million hours of unpaid work each year to their communities? The value of that unpaid labour is estimated to be over $14.6 billion.
Throughout the year we support communities across Australia and help them run a variety of events from sports, arts, culture to education and environment.
Want to become an Event Volunteer?
We have amazing volunteer positions for everyone! From sports, festivals, fun days, weekend positions to child care, aged care and much more.
If you want to volunteer for a few hours or a few days there is something in our lists for you!
To be part of the action, all you need to do is check our Events Calendar and express your interest. Or you can also fill out the application form below and send it back to us for regular email updates.
Get involved, meet new people and share the experience!
For more information on the Event Volunteer Service, contact the Events Team at email@example.com .
Need Event Volunteers?
This is how the process works:
- Contact the Event Team to find out your eligibility at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once approved, individuals who have registered their information and interest in volunteering at events are notified about available positions.
- Individuals who respond to the ‘call out’ are handed over to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- The Volunteer Coordinator is then responsible for scheduling and sharing information with volunteers.
- A Best Practice Guide is provided to the Volunteer Coordinator to ensure both the volunteer and the event will benefit from the partnership.
- As part of the Event Volunteer Service we offer promotions and partnership opportunities if available.
Please note: promotion activities are limited depending on the event and the number of volunteers required.
For more information on our Event Volunteer Service, contact our Events Team at email@example.com.