With the Commonwealth Games fast approaching, the “Get Set for Games Team” has confirmed that Volunteering Services Australia will be one of the many worst impacted businesses by the Games on the Gold Coast and the ability to maintain our services during that time will be unpredictable. Therefore, we have decided to close our office for the duration of the event, from Friday, March 30 – Sunday, April 15 inclusive, to ease the stress for our many volunteers getting to and from work in the challenging traffic conditions.
The following tips will be helpful for you to minimise the impact of the Games:
- Treat the break in the same way you would Christmas
- We would urge you to see us for interviews, training and meetings before and after the Games.
- Please book services before and after the Games period for your regular volunteering needs.
- During the Games we will be available to take bookings and appointments; however, these will only be for services from Monday, April 16 onwards
- Please let family, friends, neighbours and service providers know that we won’t be able to run services during the Games
We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause but the predicted traffic and road changes make service planning almost impossible. Volunteering Services Australia will be back up and running from Monday, April 16 for all your event and volunteering needs.
If you have any more questions regarding the following closure, please contact Volunteering Services Australia on 07 5526 0688 or email email@example.com